Printer showing "Connecting" loop or disconnected, yet Mainsail works?

7milesup

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop of issues.  I think I need to get rid of TAP and go back to the very basic Voron 2.4 setup.  Anyhow there is this..

In the upper left corner of Mainsail there is a "Printers" menu.  When I click on that, it either shows "disconnected" or a never ending loop of "Connecting."  Yet, I have control of the printer.  I have tried deleting and adding it back in with the same result.

I have almost no hair left.

PXL_20230227_182615614.jpg

PXL_20230227_182638167.jpg

3 hours ago, 7milesup said:

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop of issues.  I think I need to get rid of TAP and go back to the very basic Voron 2.4 setup.  Anyhow there is this..

In the upper left corner of Mainsail there is a "Printers" menu.  When I click on that, it either shows "disconnected" or a never ending loop of "Connecting."  Yet, I have control of the printer.  I have tried deleting and adding it back in with the same result.

I have almost no hair left.

PXL_20230227_182615614.jpg

PXL_20230227_182638167.jpg

Mine doesn't have that "printers" tab.

I'm wondering if maybe there's something in your config files that has you Mainsail installation thinking that it's connected to more than one printer.  

This reason I think that, is that your working interface has the printer name "Voron 2.4 Neil"

But the one it's trying to unsuccessfully connect to is "Voron 2.4 Neil:7125”

Also, your interface has what appears to be a drop-down menu next to "Voron 2.4 Neil", for possibly choosing which printer to access.   Mine doesn't have that.

image.png.d84b8da8bfb334b3adc91e18509e5405.png

is it possible that you have more than one printer.cfg file,  mainsail.cfg, or something duplicated?

Edited by ken226

26 minutes ago, ken226 said:

is it possible that you have more than one printer.cfg file,  mainsail.cfg, or something duplicated?

May have more than one printer defined in the settings section. Go to settings cog in the right upper corner, click, then open the printers interface and see how many printers defined there.

• Like 1

@mvdveer You are correct about your assumptions. 

A little backstory on this issue... I have Mainsail running on my desktop with address of the printer via LAN for communication.  I also have another monitor, keyboard and mouse hooked directly to my Orange Pi.  The main reason for this was I did not want to have to utilize an SSH protocol when getting the OPi, Octopus and Klipper set up.  At some point, there was "another" printer showing up.  I have an idea on how that happend but I made sure there was nothing listed under "printers", powered the Voron down and when I powered it back up, it was resolved. 

I think I should start utilizing a "variable" signature.... 7milesup "what did I do now" Neil.

The next one will be 7milesup "I'm baffled" Neil.  And so on..

Good grief.

Edited by 7milesup
  • Haha 3