Serial Number Plate

zogzogzog

Had the resin printer cranking some parts out this weekend so I finally got around to printing the serial number plate I designed for my V2 build some time ago.

I wanted to have the contrast of a new, sleek modern device with an old school sort of etched and stamped brass ID plate like my older machines out in the shop have (particularly influenced by both my 60's vintage Southbend and Atlas lathes).  Some painting, sanding, distressing, dry brushing, dull clear, some chalk, and then a final dull clear and I'm pretty happy.  I wanted something that looked old compared to the printer, a little "crunchy", a little wear, a little bit of "this thing has been around and done stuff" sort of feel and I think I got pretty close (I'm not an artist for sure)

It looks a little glossy and lighter colored here but it's pretty much black and brass and dead flat as I wanted.

A few small pieces of double sided tape and it will mount at the bottom outside corner of one of the front door of my V2...

If anyone is interested, be glad to share the CAD.

image.thumb.png.da2b2ad51de4ba8e2f62ed13276905b8.png

• Like 5