Stealthburner

claudermilk

I assume most everyone paying attention here watched the Voron Live announcing the Stealthburner toolhead. Thoughts?

For me timing is good. I'm just starting on making parts buys for my Trident build, so I'm just adjusting the BOM items to order. It also simplifies those considerations; all the various Afterburner cooling duct mods just became obsolete, so I can now ignore them. The bummer at the moment, is it almost certainly obsoletes the hartk toolhead PCB which I did plan on using. Same goes for the ERCF variant of that.

• Like 2

Yes! 

it’s exciting, I need to spend some more time seeing the performance and benefits. I hope the cooling is better than the stock afterburner. 

I would like to do a list of differences and do a formal comparison. I am curious if the performance of dual extruder gears, and the obvious comparison to the nextruder.

I only see benefits. 

- straight filament path

- New latch and new G-Idler with better/smoother performance but still the satisfying click

- ABBN Mod included and even little better performance in cooling (BADNOOB presented the new flow of the ducts)

- Nema 14 with 5:1 gear ratio (more torque while using now pancake stepper, which can perform better in heated environment)

- New cool design

- Nozzle- Dual Led 

- Spring mechanism for 5015 and LED's included directly in the print, no hazzle with additional printed springs

- Bigger housing for the cables, no cables visible, housing is inline with the design, so you don't see it as an "alien" part of the design

- New Carriage with all screws now from the front

- And some disco LED for the Voron Logo 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Demosth said:

@Chief_Bsa Thanks for the re-cap.

1. Any obvious ways to improve what they have presented?
  2. Do you think a filament runout sensor is needed?
  3. I didn't catch it, does the fan require modding like ABBN or does a stock fan fit?

PS Disco LED is the BEST part. 😄 

It looks like modding the 5015 is still required, but I think less? I'm not really the best authority on it since I am still at the research & sourcing stage.😆 But, it does seem like there's less hacking of the fan than before--just remove the front & mount ears from watching the videos (Voron Live, and Steve Builds). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gathering parts for my first Voron build (Trident) and after watching the video about the StealthBurner, I am blown away by the level of design detail and commitment from the development team, will definitely be building the StealthBurner tool head!

Edited by Rwhite692

• 8 months later...
On 11/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, claudermilk said:

I assume most everyone paying attention here watched the Voron Live announcing the Stealthburner toolhead. Thoughts?

For me timing is good. I'm just starting on making parts buys for my Trident build, so I'm just adjusting the BOM items to order. It also simplifies those considerations; all the various Afterburner cooling duct mods just became obsolete, so I can now ignore them. The bummer at the moment, is it almost certainly obsoletes the hartk toolhead PCB which I did plan on using. Same goes for the ERCF variant of that.

I know this post is OLD but for information, you don'T need toolhead sensor anymore, new ERCF script is doing everything with the encoder ... YEAHHHHHH

Edited by rickdnamps
  • Like 2