Happy Holidays!

mvdveer

Well, being down under it is Xmas day. So wishing all the forum members a very happy holidays. For those who celebrate Xmas - Merry XMAS.

I also wish you all a better 2023 - may it be what you want it to be! Better than 2022 and worse than 2024 - so things can only get better.

No I better go and cook the Turkey

• Like 6

Thanks @mvdveer I forget you live in the future (and also stand a chance of getting sun-burnt on Christmas),don't suppose you could give us the lottery numbers!?

Well, for those on holiday, hope it is a good time with friends and family and doesn't involve too much frost-bite (given the unseasonable cold) or sun-burn or trench-foot (for anyone in soggy UK)!

• Like 4

I was too busy to log in running up to the day and on the day--we host Christmas here, so think one-armed paperhanger for me.

Santa was really good to me this year. I now have to buy the V0.1 kit and build it. Got 1-2-3- blocks, nice iFixit tool kit, TS-101 soldering iron, and cash to go a good ways to the kit. My wife is just enabling me, so she can't really complain. Right? 😁 Now to go find the right extra tips for that neat little soldering iron.

BTW, I also received my Tap kit parts on schedule on Christmas Eve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

Santa was really good to me this year. I now have to buy the V0.1 kit and build it. Got 1-2-3- blocks, nice iFixit tool kit, TS-101 soldering iron, and cash to go a good ways to the kit. My wife is just enabling me, so she can't really complain. Right? 😁 Now to go find the right extra tips for that neat little soldering iron.

BTW, I also received my Tap kit parts on schedule on Christmas Eve.

I would say that Santa was damned good to you! Glad you had a good time.

Cut-to-scene where @claudermilk wakes  from lovely dream, by wife asking "You did put the oven on  3 hours ago?", realising Turkey still in Fridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Totally missed this!

happy days guys, luckily still one important day to come 😂

a big fan of leaving 2022 behind but it hasn’t all been bad for sure.

hoping for world peace in 2023 or a gun under the tree 😆

Wishing you guys all the best, always looking forward to new post, replies, comments about whatever here, thanks for that!! 

lets continue building and posting in 2023 🎉 and ok… some family time 🤣

happy days all!

• Like 2

I also got a nice little Brother label maker. She almost forgot that one (confused look, runs upstairs, several minutes later comes down with gift bag containing hastily-tossed-in printer). 😆 We've both done that to each other a few times over the years. Good timing on this, too; my sister finally reclaimed hers that I had borrowed for a while to build the Trident...then the batteries in it blew up a little while ago.

I begin to see why those little TS100/TS101 soldering irons are so popular & nero like his so much. Small & light, and dang that sucker heats up fast! Something like 10-15 seconds from room temp to 300C.

21 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Was on my list. Instead I got giant Jenga blocks. Hell, what's that telling me? 🤣

Do they have them Metric style? 😛 some girls may not agree, but inches dont do it for me 😛 (in the spirit of Christmas.. it rhymes too)

• Haha 1